Capital Christian School enjoys the full use of a 63-acre campus and some of the best athletic facilities in Northern California. The campus includes 83 classrooms, 6 science labs, 4 technology labs, a full-service cafeteria, Performing Arts Center, a newly renovated stadium (70 yard soccer pitch, synthetic field turf), all-weather track (IAAF certified), an NBA size basketball court, 2 multi-purpose gyms, weight room, tennis courts, baseball and softball fields and 3 playgrounds for the Early Education Center and Elementary students. More than 200 different churches are represented by the student body of CCS. CCS offers challenging, standards-based academics, award winning athletics, outstanding fine arts, progressive technology, and an amazing sense of community and service. CCS has students of varied ethnicity, including approximately 80 international students, and students who represent varied socioeconomic levels.
Capital Christian Center (CCC), formerly known as Bethel Temple, was formed in 1916 and incorporated in 1936. CCC is the parent organization of Capital Christian School (CCS). The school was established in 1977 by Rev. Glen D. Cole and was first located in the Bauder College building adjacent to Bethel Temple on Howe
Avenue in Sacramento, California. CCC and CCS moved to 9470 Micron Avenue, Sacramento, California in 1984. Capital Christian School continues as part of the Capital Christian Center ministry located in central Sacramento off of Highway 50.
CCS has expanded over the years to include the addition of several new buildings, playgrounds, a gymnasium, athletic fields, and a stadium. In the fall of 2006, the new High School campus opened, freeing up the rooms previously occupied by the High School for the Elementary and Middle School programs. The High School facility can accommodate up to 700 students. CCS has over 38 years of ministry in the greater Sacramento area.