International Student Program OLD
Please note: Both international and domestic students with any type of visa INCLUDING the green card permanent resident visa need to apply through the International Program.
Capital Christian is a premier college preparatory school program, offering outstanding courses in the humanities, mathematics, technology, visual and performing arts and athletics. CCS offers 6th through 12th grade placements for international students. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students. International students are provided room and board through our HomeStay program.
International Admissions Process
Applicants holding any type of visa including the permanent resident visa or a “green card” MUST apply through the International site. This includes J, B, F, H, I, O, P, Q, L and E visas.
The requirements for admission to the Capital Christian Schools’ international student program include:
- Excellent grades, behavior, and active involvement school programs at current school
- English language proficiency confirmed by a TOEFL, TOEFL Junior, ITEP SLATE, or IELTS score
- Emotional maturity and readiness to attend school away from parents
- A desire to grow in his/her Christian faith, or a commitment to have an open heart and mind to learn about the Christian faith, and to consider personally following Jesus Christ and the teaching of the Bible
- Parent/guardian support for the student to learn about the Christian faith and support for a student choice to personally follow the Christian faith
The program is selective, admission standards are high, and only fully qualified students are accepted into the program. Admission is a three-step process:
- Complete online application and submit all supporting documents via email
- Personal Interview
- Admissions decision by CCS Admissions Committee
The Application involves the following
A completed online application by the parent, guardian, or student. Please make sure to check “International Student” when creating a new student application:
- A student questionnaire.
- Copy of student passport.
- A financial disclosure form/bank statement. Please note that students must demonstrate adequate financial resources to receive certification.
- Copy of student's most recent English proficiency test results (at least one test score). The following are the accepted tests for application to CCS and the minimum test scores required are within the: “Elementary Level” range. - See chart below
- An official grade report or transcript (in English). This must include grades from the last two years of school, and the first grading period of the current school year.
- Two educators recommendations from the current school with one math teacher recommendation from the current school.
- Either a pastor recommendation or a parent/guardian written statement that shows that the parents are supportive of the student receiving a Christian education. Note: applicants do not need to be Christians to be admitted to Capital Christian's Schools, but should be spiritually open to learn more about the Christian faith shown through the Bible and the life and teachings of Jesus Christ.
- Complete record of immunization, translated into English.
- Pay the application fee of $350.
The application will not be processed until all forms are received by CCS. Once the school certifies all information and accepts the student for admission, the Form I-20 will be issued and mailed directly to the applicant.
Once you are accepted
In order to attend Capital Christian School, international students must be issued a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status.” The Form I-20 is needed to apply for the F-1 visa at United States consulates and embassies abroad, apply for change of non-immigrant status in the United States to F-1, or secure permission to transfer to Capital Christian from another school in the United States in continued F-1 status.
- Receive official admission acceptance letter from Capital Christian School along with your I-20 Form.
- Schedule Visa Interview.
- Complete and return all forms as required by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service and pay all associated fees.
- Receive visa and pay all school tuition and homestay fees.
- Arrive to school on set date, determined in your acceptance letter or determined by the international admissions office.
For more information, please contact the International Admissions office at Admissions@ccscougars.org